Thursday, December 4, 2014

REVIEW: MAKEUP FOREVER HD FOUNDATION SHADE N173


What a product hype causes!! Lord knows i didn't need any more foundation but i couldn't resist with all the hype around the MUFE! I had seen tons of reviews and youtube demos on this foundation and it did look great. That i must say. I travelled a few months ago and visited the MUFE stand and i was confused because i didn't know if i would be a shade 170 or 173. The lady at the counter tried to force the 170 on me but i just wasn't having it and she just wasn't convincing enough. I had just replaced my trusty MAC studio fix and it just felt wrong buying another foundation on the same day.#shopahlicsguilt #confessionsofaspendthrift

What Makeup Forever says: The HD range includes complexion products designed for the new needs of high definition image using very fine ingredients for an invisible, natural makeup finish.


DAZZLEBEAUTIE: Before i post a revew of  a popular product like this , I always go read a ton of reviews to make sure i'm not being too nice or harsh . This doesn't really change my opinion of that product as i realize that stuff works differently for everyone. I'm sure a tonof people will expect me to rave about this and swear on all the makeup GAWDSS!! Firstly, i noticed this is a bit on the watery side. It is a medium coverage but buildable. I like when i apply my foundation and it gives me good coverage instantly. I had to reapply in some certain places to get the amount of coverage i wanted. Also, this applies better with a flap top brush. I used a damp beauty blender with this and it just soaked up all the product.

The color match is perfect. 173 has a nice yellow undertone that suits me perfectly. I would also recommend applying this foundation under a primer like the Beautifully matte. A gel based primer not so much as this tends to get real shiny if you have already oily skin.

Honestly, i don't know how i feel about this foundation. I am not in L.O.V.E like i expected i would be.It's decent, not cheap but gets the job done. I must say it is a tad bit over rated. I don't get the hype.

What do you think guys? Do you love it or are on the fence? Let me know your thoughts.

WHERE TO BUY:BEAUTYREVNG
PRICE:N7000

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Guuurrrl!!! I've got this foundation as well. And you are right, it's slightly 'runny' (not as thick as studio fix) and I feel it leaves me shiny after a couple hours. And I don't get as smooth a coverage as I do with my trusty Studio Fix.

    I'm just like you, I don't get the hype either, BUT I haven't chucked it in the bin just yet. Maybe there's something we're missing lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the foundation last year. Its still on my shelf. I'm sure I've used only about a quarter of it. I also think Its highly overrated and expensive. So not impressed. Unto the next foundation

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's the business though? The MUFE matte velvet now that I am OBSESSED with because its the only foundation that can tamper my oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this review. I was about purchasing this product as it is am going to pause cause am already oily and I don't need to look shiny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been revving to buy this foundation but holding on as I wasn't so sure about the right shade, am an NC45 but slightly lighter on me, I have a combination skin or should I say normal cos only my t zone gets oily, I might try this foundation cos its on offer with 20% off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used it and gave myself the best makeup look before a runway show ever. I had run into the problem that none of the makeup artist knew how to do skin of color without ghosting my face. So I used this but I had to prime and set it and it lasted all night even for the afterparty. I did apply with a very light hand as I dont need foundation but wanted a more finished look , I would say not a bad foundation , but its not made for full coverage and if you have a lot of dark dark spots or excessive hyper pigmentation don't buy but if you have relatively clear skin and want a more finished look , do it.

    ReplyDelete